Contribute to Speak to the Future's campaign to ask all English MPs to make clear their views on the importance of languages
In the run-up to the May 2010 elections, the Wall of Language website published letters from large numbers of MPs on the importance of languages and language learning. CLICK HERE to help reactivate their commitment
- Product Sales, Bank of America Merrill LynchStephen Rae is a graduate in French and Russian from Strathclyde University, speaking five languages with a high level of fluency.
Stephen has used his language skills in every job he has undertaken, and recently started learning Mandarin.
- EntrepreneurLizzie Fane is a graduate from the University of Edinburgh where she did a Joint Honours Masters degree in Italian and History of Art.
She founded a website to solve the problems she and her friends experienced on their year abroad.
- Chair, UBS Ltd.Richard is a lifelong languages enthusiast, and very active in supporting community and education initiatives.
He is leading Speak to the future’s drive to involve business in speaking up for languages.
- Student and politicianHadleigh Roberts is a postgraduate in Interpreting & Translating from the University of Bath.
Though a languages professional he is also involved in politics across Europe, and worked for the United Nations on placement.
- Actor and authorLarry Lamb is known for his TV roles in Eastenders and Gavin and Stacey.
He believes passionately in encouraging young people from all backgrounds to learn languages.